Information for Delegates & Alternates
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CONTENT CAREFULLY AS OUR ASSEMBLY AND CONVENTION PROCESS HAS CHANGED SIGNIFICANTLY THIS YEAR TO COMPLY WITH STATE-MANDATED SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS.
According to Emergency Legislation and an Executive Order, this year’s Party Assemblies and Conventions are being held remotely and voting conducted via eBallot to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus. This legislation also allows for the process to be conducted over a 7-day period.
This notice serves as the Official Call to the 2020 County Assembly and Convention period for Delegates and Alternates. Once the Eagle County Democratic Party has emailed the ballot to all applicable Districts on Monday, March 23, the Electronic Meeting will be called to order. Nominations for County candidates and delegate allocations for House District Assembly, Judicial District Assembly, Congressional Districts’ Assemblies & Conventions, and State Assembly & Convention will be completed through this ballot, which is due no later than midnight on Thursday, March 27.
A Webinar will begin on March 29th, 2020 at 10:00 AM and the Eagle County Democratic Party will present the balloting results and conduct additional Party business. The email sent on Monday will also include a unique link enabling you to register as a delegate for the webinar. YOU MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE. The Eagle County Democratic Party Assembly and Convention will adjourn after the business of the webinar on March 29, 2020.
Links to view candidate statements, websites, and videos are available on the 2020 Candidate page of our website.
COUNTY ASSEMBLY & CONVENTION DATES AND TIMES
- Monday, March 23
Voting via eBallot OPENS – emails will be sent with links to ballot
- Thursday, March 26 at 12:00 MIDNIGHT
Voting via eBallot CLOSES
- Sunday, March 29 at 10:00 AM
Virtual webinar-based Assembly & Convention to report results and conduct other Party business
A final Agenda will be presented during the Assembly webinar
- Call to order by the Chair of the Central Committee – Melissa Decker
- Report of the Committee on Permanent Organization – Donna Grauer
- Report of the Credentials Committee – Jennifer Filipowski
- Remarks – Statewide, CD 2, CD 3, HD 26, JD5 candidates and incumbents
- Election of delegates* to State, CD 2, CD 3, SD 5 and HD 26 Assemblies as determined through the eBallot process
- Nominations and designation of county commissioner candidates
- Establishment of a committee to fill vacancies in nominations for county candidates
- Report of resolutions submitted by precinct caucuses to Platform Committee – Bob Rutledge
- Certify slate of Precinct Committee Persons elected at caucuses
- Adjourn County Assembly
All meetings of the Democratic Party are open to anyone. Non-delegates interested in attending the Assembly & Convention webinar on Sunday, March 29 as an observer may send an email to email@example.com to request a registration link.