We hope everyone is staying safe and healthy, and practicing social distancing. As Democrats, we understand the hardships this crisis is imposing on our community’s most vulnerable citizens and been trying to come up with ways we can support our communities during this difficult time. We have posted the content below on our website and will continue to update that page as we learn about more community resources available. This is by no means a complete list…If you know of any other resources we can share, please send an email to the ECD Secretary at email@example.com
People who have general questions about COVID-19 can call CO HELP at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911, for answers in many languages, or email them at COHELP@RMPDC.org for answers in English.
If you or a member of your household are experiencing symptoms…
With community-level transmission of COVID-19 now confirmed in Eagle County, testing is not necessary or recommended for all patients and is being reserved for the most critical cases. It is important, however, that the spread of COVID-19 be tracked to align response resources in Eagle County and evaluate the strategies in place to decrease the spread of illness. Eagle County officials are asking people to fill out this online form for EACH person showing symptoms.
- Eagle County Public Safety Information Website
- Eagle County COVID-19 Updates
- Register to receive text, voice, and/or email notifications from Eagle County’s Emergency Alert System
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment’s COVID-19 Updates
- CDC Coronavirus Page
Lunches for Students in the Eagle River Valley
Eagle County Schools will be passing out lunches for students starting today from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Battle Mountain High School and Eagle Valley High School bus loops. The school district asks that, if picking up lunches, that you don’t bring other passengers in your car with you, that you not get out of your vehicle, and that you just roll down your window for these lunches.
Healthy Aging Program
If anyone knows older adults who, during the corona virus isolation, need home delivered meals, “Care Calls,” and grocery runs Valley Meals and More and the Eagle County Healthy Aging Program are available to support and help families, and older community members, successfully navigate through this trying period. Learn more >>
Basalt Coronavirus Hotline
People over 60 or at risk who want food or prescriptions delivered safely at no charge may call 970-230-1974. Volunteers are needed. Text or call 970-379-8854 if you can help.
- Eagle River Valley Community Market
- Roaring Fork Valley Food Resources for Seniors
- Additional Food Assistance Resources in Eagle County
- Valley Settlement serving immigrant communities
Please consider donating or volunteering to support these organizations – for instance the Give Eagle It’s Wings Bank – COVID-19 Employee Fund
Small businesses will be significantly impacted by the forced closures. You can do your part to help them survive by not cancelling your memberships, and subscriptions and purchasing gift cards for later use if you are able. Consider donating the price of any tickets to canceled theatre performances or non-profit events instead of requesting a refund. Look for local businesses who offer online ordering, like Bookworm of Edwards, which offers books online ordering with $1 media mail delivery and ebooks. Many restaurants are offering takeout and curbside delivery. If you are a landlord, consider assisting your tenants with or deferring payments on their rent.
- Eagle County COVID-19 FAQ for Businesses
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers (Resource Page compiled by the Vail Valley Partnership)
- SBA Disaster Assistance
- SBA’s Clearinghouse of Coronavirus information
- Disaster Recovery Guide for Small Businesses from the Colorado SBDC
- Restaurant Workers Community Foundation
- CERF+ The Artists Safety Net
Activities for Children (and Adults)
For parent’s struggling with “bored” children at home…
- Scholastic has released free daily online courses
- 30 Things to do with Bored Kids
- Alpine Arts in Edwards is offering “To Go Art Kits” – call 970-926-2732 to order and pay by phone and they’ll run your items out to your car
- Metropolitan Opera and 92Y Livestream Performances
- 12 historic sites you can virtually tour